OUR HOUSE

THE PLATTS BRADSTREET HOUSE

banner.jpg

Part of the National Heritage Trail, the 1677 Platts-Bradstreet House is located on Rt. 1A, 233 Main St., just opposite The Margaret Scott Memorial Green, owned, maintained and operated by the Rowley Historical Society.

Built in 1677, the house faces south, has nine over six windows with Indian shutters and a large center chimney. Originally it was a two story rectangular house with four rooms and an attic. The house was later added on to in 1770. This house shows its oaken beams and posts and great fireplaces and is an unusual find for such an old dwelling. The house is one of six known 17th century houses in Rowley.

essaygoal.com case study writing at custom writing service case study writing buy papers onlinea

The house is owned by the Rowley Historical Society, which was formed in 1918. Tours are given and other functions held. During the holiday season luncheon and tea is served in the beautifully decorated rooms. Many other activities take place throughout the year.

house sketch

The society has reconstructed a 1775 post and beam barn on the property bought from Derry, New Hampshire.

Comments are closed.